2018. new years resolutions

by - Sunday, December 31, 2017


And here we are at last, the final day of 2017. And a very good year it was, at least for me. So many trips, new friends, new experiences and sooo many stories to tell. It may sound cheesy but I can definitely see how much I've grown this year and how I finally started taking care of myself. After all, I turned 20 this year, that basically means I'm a grown up now (but we all know I'll always remain a teenager at heart). So 2017., cheers, you were better than I hoped you would be, and thank you for teaching me how to be me!

As some of you may know, last year I shared with you my New Year's resolutions for 2017 (which you can read here) so I decided to do the same for this year. To be honest, no, I didn't succeed in all of them, but looking back now and realising how many I actually managed to do makes me so proud of myself. All I have to say for now is - Dear 2018., please be even better than 2017. was, and let me grow even more.


1. You do you boo
Never be afraid to be yourself & never care more what others think than what you think. Cut your hair if you want to, listen to the song that everyone hates but you love, and for goodness sake eat that cake. And that dress you like? You're gonna regret not buying it, so just do it.

2. Breathe
I know I always tend to freak out over meaningless things, overthink and just have way too much on my plate, which always makes me so stressed out, and that is not how I want to be in 2018. I just want to take everything slow, just enjoy the moments, relax, give things a second look and just blindly rush into them.

3. Fill that map with pins
This will be my New Year's resolution until the day that I die - travel more! This year has been amazing considering travels, I got to see Venice, Santorini, Barcelona and numerous places in Croatia, and thus the number of pins on the world map on my wall has been growing. And I just hope it will never stop.



4. Watch more movies
I love watching movies but I have this stupid switch in my head that it is smarter to watch 4 episodes in a row than to watch a movie. Which is stupid.. very stupid. Thus, this year I want to focus more on movies and a bit less on TV shows.

5. Focus on the important things
I need to learn to let go of everything that is temporary and just focus on myself, my studies & the things I love doing. 

6. Finish the sketchbook
I wrote this one last year too, but I didn't succeed in it. So, fingers crossed for this year.


7. Organise your time better
Please! I need to stop wasting time on my phone and actually do something productive. At least, watch a movie that I wanted to watch for a few months, or start reading the book that I buy but never read. Or, you know, do something for Uni, that is always a smart idea. 

8. Love love & only love
No hate in 2018., always be kind and do your best. Try not to hold grudges against people & stop constantly complaining. Be happy & love, that's it.

Aaand that would be it. My 8 resolutions that I hope will come true in 2018. Wish me luck. <3


love always,
paula avalon xo

You May Also Like

0 comments