ColourPop Review

by - Saturday, December 02, 2017


There are only a few things that make me feel happier than splurging on makeup for my birthday. And after a while, it's finally here! My ColourPop makeup review! Initially, I only wanted to buy their Yes, Please! palette, but if you spend more than a couple minutes on their site, you can not leave without having at least 3 things in your cart. Or in my case, 4. 


The first thing that I ordered is this cute Quartz Priming Spray, which came packed in a box decorated with glitter (does it get any better than that?). The spray itself is quite small, but a little bit of it goes a long way. The one I have smells like cucumber water, and it also has dragon fruit, honey & pomegranate and orange flower extract, making it great for your skin.

The only thing that bothers me a bit is that the drops are rather big, so you have to spray it far from your face (or just replace the pump). I've already used it a few times & so far it is very good, it feels light on the skin and the makeup definitely stays on longer.


The next things I ordered are these two absolutely beautiful dual chrome eyeshadows in the shades Glass Bull & Tea Garden. Glass Bull is more of a silver-purple one, whereas Tea Garden is more of an golden-green one. So far I've only tried Glass Bull and I was amazed by how good it looked!


I ordered it with the box so it was a tad more expensive, but it's easier for me to use it that way. The pigment is really good, and of course better when you spray a bit of a fixation spray over the brush, so when I wore it out to a club, there were barely any creases when I got home.





And finally, the thing I was most excited for, their Yes, Please! palette! I had to wait for a bit before ordering it because it was out of stock, but as soon as they had it back I bought it. What I love most about it are the shades, as I am a big fan of red and gold eyeshadows, and this palette is a great mix of those colours.


For the packaging, I thought it was going to be bigger, but this way it is quite light and travel friendly, considering it doesn't have a mirror inside. The eyeshadows aren't big either, but the ones I've tried so far have been very pigmented, especially the yellow & burgundy one! The only thing I didn't like is that they have quite a lot of fall outs (as you can see on the palette). I am so excited to see how the rest turn out. I did a swatch as well (see pics below)with only spraying my arm with the priming spray I also bought, so you can see for yourself how they look on my extra pale skin.



And that would be it! So far I'm very satisfied with their products, their prices are budget friendly so almost everyone can afford their makeup. The eyeshadows that I've tried were very pigmented, and the priming spray did it's job well.

 If you have any more questions or would like to see some looks that I created with them, feel free to message me or comment here, I always love seeing your feedback! 

Thank you for reading!

love always,
paula avalon xo

You May Also Like

1 comments